What is the diameter of the water bowl and what is the depth of the water?
The bowl portion has a 7.5" in diameter and a 2.375" depth.
How often do I need to replace the CleanFlow filter cartridge?
Typically, the filter should be changed every 1-2 months and cleaned weekly. You'll feel the filter starting to break down each time it is cleaned. Please use your judgment and replace the filter when it becomes soft.
What is the difference between the small CleanFlow for Cats and the small CleanFlow for Dogs?
The cat version allows you to order it without the reservoir. But other than that, the small CleanFlow for Cats and the small CleanFlow for Dogs are identical products. They have the same features and bowl capacity.
How do you fill the water reservoir?
Here are the operating instructions for your CleanFlow with reservoir:
- Remove the lid from the pump/filter compartment.
- Remove filter from compartment and thoroughly rinse the filter with cool water. This will remove loose charcoal from the filter media.
- Thoroughly rinse the entire bowl and pump compartment.
- Remove the cap from the water reservoir tank and thoroughly rinse the tank.
- Fill the bowl with cool water to about 50% full while lifting the front of the bowl slightly to release air from inside the pump tube.
- Fill the bowl the rest of the way.
- Slide the filter into its location in the filter/pump compartment, rounded edges toward bottom.
- Place the bowl in the desired location.
- Plug the bowl into an electrical outlet.
- Fill the reservoir tank with water.
- Plug the cap hole with the attached no-spill plug. Now screw the plugged cap onto your reservoir tank.
- Gently place the filled reservoir tank into the lid of the rear bowl compartment.
- The spike will release the auto-fill non spill cap. Your tank will now automatically fill your pet’s bowl for you!
Note: if water flow does not start immediately, lift the front edge of the bowl slightly to help release air from pump tube. This will help the pump grab water.
Do you carry replacement reservoirs in case anything happens to the one I have?
Unfortunately, we do not carry replacement reservoirs. Please make sure to hand wash your reservoir and DO NOT place in the dishwasher. If you follow these guidelines, your reservoir should last a long time.
Troubleshooting your CleanFlow product:
- Make sure the filter media is placed properly inside the unit. It should not be near the plastic pole inside the pump section of the bowl. (see image)
- Be sure the cord is properly secured in the inlet designed to hold the cord. If it is raising the lid that holds the reservoir it will cause an overflow. (see image)
- Place the lid that holds the reservoir securely to cover the filter and pump compartment, making sure all parts are connected properly. If the lid is not flush against the base it will cause an overflow. (see image)
- Check the cap of the reservoir, it should be screwed tight. If not screwed on properly and tight, it will cause an overflow.
- Be sure the K&H logo on the reservoir is facing the water side of the bowl.
- Place the CleanFlow on a level surface.
- Clean the filter media regularly, at least once a week, to ensure it is not being blocked by hair and debris. If you are experiencing an overflow, simply remove the filter for a day. If the overflow stops, clean the filter or replace the filter immediately.